Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Apprentice
Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Apprentice VAC-04958
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
A certain amount of administration is also required to maintain the vehicles repair and service records as well as MAN Truck & Bus’ records.
Location: Stockton on Tees
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 40 Hours, 8am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
Weekly Wage: £219.25
Application Deadline: 22-05-2020
Possible Start Date: 01-06-2020
REGISTER YOUR CV