IT HELPDESK APPRENTICE – INTQ265
This listing has expired
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT Helpdesk Apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
As a Microsoft IT helpdesk apprentice your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Check servers have been backed up properly
• Check drive space on all servers
• Check event viewer on servers
• Log in to VM system and make sure all VMS are running
• Check emails
• Check tickets
• Make sure the Air-Con is on and running in server room
• Check servers and UPS physically for any alerts
• Check digital displays are running
• Checking mobile devices AM & PM
• Check user profiles are loading properly
• Check network shares are loading properly
• Check printers are mapping properly
• Check SIM and FMS are backing up to the server
• Make sure Adobe Suite and Java is up to date on all computers
• Make sure software is up to date on all computers
• Make sure Ipads have latest updates
• Check laptops and desktops have latest windows updates
• Check laptops and mobile devices are charging properly
• Check laptop trollies and mobile device cases are charging ok
• Make sure there is up to date inventory of all equipment
• Check projector lamps
• Hoover and clean projectors
• Make sure any user guides are up to date
• Delete all print jobs at the end of each month
About the Company
Since 1996 the company has been geared to providing high class and affordable ICT services for business and educational establishments. In this time they have helped many customers overcome technical problems and built reliable and scalable ICT systems. The Company are a fast growing ICT support specialist and provide ICT services to primary schools and businesses in the East Midlands
The Company are proud to be a family owned and run business and they all have a shared interest and dedication to delivering the best service to their customers.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Qualifications & Skills Required
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. Have a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will have a good telephone manner and a positive outlook.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• An interest in IT is mandatory!
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
Working Hours Monday – Friday – Hours – 8.00am – 4.00pm/ 9.00am – 5.00pm
Wage £140 Per Week – £7,280 Per Annum
REGISTER YOUR CV