IT HELPDESK APPRENTICE – INTQ290 INTQ290
This listing has expired
IT HELPDESK APPRENTICE – INTQ290
Location: WS12 – Walsall
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT helpdesk apprentice.
Do you enjoy repairing computers and other equipment at home? Do you have an interest in IT and are looking for a hands-on role where you can install parts and repair IT related equipment such as mobile computers and printers? An interest in engineering would also be an advantage.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
This role will initially be involved in working ‘hands on’ to repair Printers, mobile computers and scanners.
The main duties of the role are the hardware repair of:
• Thermal Printers
• Line Printers
• Laser Printers
• Mobile Computers
• Barcode Scanners
This will involve:
• Fault diagnosis
• Replacing boards
• Replacing consumables
• PCB repair (soldering on new components)
• Software configuration.
Other roles and responsibilities will include:
• Learning how to support internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails.
• Manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Update company systems.
About the Company
An Established Company they have been providing the industry with printer and data capture systems, software applications, hardware and support since 1989. Based in the Midlands, they are ideally situated to support clients across the UK. The company provides solutions across every technology, from mobile and pc based solutions, barcode scanning and labelling systems to mission critical applications such as Automotive Production Control and Over Checking quality systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Qualifications & Skills Required
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role:
• you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• An interest in IT is mandatory!
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Location WS12 – Walsall
Working Hours Monday – Friday – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Wage £150 Per week – £7,800 Per Annum – (Apprentice wage)
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
REGISTER YOUR CV