Helpdesk Apprentice – London ITLSA – Lon – S E20
This listing has expired
Location: London, SE20
Salary: Up t £7,800
The Helpdesk Apprentice will be responsible for processing incoming support requests efficiently and efficiently, and performing daily checks and reporting on them.
In addition the Helpdesk Apprentice will be encouraged provide support to customers in due course.
Whilst daily responsibilities take priority the opportunity to grow and develop technical skills and real world experience is there to be grasped by the candidate.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Being the first point of contact for support calls and emails from customers and logging these cases accurately in the helpdesk system.
• Oversee the lifecycles of cases by means of escalation and monitoring of cases and following up with engineers and/or management where necessary.
• Providing 1st line support and working to resolve issues when reported and routine handling of service requests.
• Performing daily maintenance checks and tasks for customers including disk space & backup monitoring with a view to attempt resolution of any problems in time.
• Performing PC and Laptop builds when required.
• Performing unpacking and testing of equipment when required.
• Performing accurate reporting of maintenance activities according to procedure.
• Organising own workload and accurate recording time spent on activities and recording of details of support cases that have been worked on.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, particularly customer facing skills including listening skills.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as their own and uses own initiative.
• Ability to follow procedures and have a good level of attention to detail.
• Good organisational skills and to be punctual and efficient.
• To have a thirst for knowledge and a hunger to learn.
• To have a passion to take pride in one’s own work.
• Good Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ideally some experience, knowledge or interest in IT.
• Ideally Windows operating system and Office technical skills or experience.
• Shift Pattern between 8am – 8pm, multiple potential shifts of 8-4, 9-5, 10-6 or 12-8.
IT Skills Management is the most successful company in placing apprentices in the IT sector and 92% of Microsoft IT Apprentices stay with the company with which they started their apprenticeship. We have a unique relationship with Microsoft and are their official partner for their highly accredited Apprenticeship Program, which has been designed for and developed by Microsoft Partner companies to help bring new talent into the industry. With various reports stating there is a large shortage of IT skills, which are needed to help the economic growth, this is an ideal time to join the IT industry.
Please note that full government funding is only available to candidates aged between 16 and 18 years and part funding may be available for those under the age of 24.
REGISTER YOUR CV