Highways Maintenance Apprentice 2019 – Level 2 – Hereford
This listing has expired
About the role:
Balfour Beatty Living Places work in partnership with local authorities to create regeneration strategies, maintain infrastructure and provide local services. We help transform communities, environments and local economies.
As an apprentice you will start your career working within a team on our Highway Contract for the local Borough Council, where we maintain their roads and footways; carrying out small repairs through to major highway regeneration schemes.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be on the job, utilising the wealth of experience within the team youll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the clients needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have an interest in Highways Maintenance
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is essential
- Have a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Closing Date applications are open until 13th May 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (Two Ticks) symbol and we are a member of Stonewalls Diversity Champions programme.
REGISTER YOUR CV