HR Assistant Apprentice 30577
HR Assistant Apprentice 30577 30577
About this opportunity
Working within our friendly HR team at the Company’s head office, the HR Assistant Apprentice will work alongside team colleagues to ensure the full service delivery of business requirements from the HR team in a busy FMCG and Retail environment.
A normal day would include:
This is an extremely busy and varied role which will include (but may not be limited to):
• Dealing with all aspects of recruitment, from CV and application vetting and shortlisting, interview scheduling (1st & 2nd interviews), conducting 1st interviews, new starter paperwork, issuing offer documentation and contracts of employment, holiday allocation, collating induction training documents, uniform & PPE ordering, conducting inductions, etc;
• Updating and maintaining computerised files, databases and personnel records;
• Logging and scanning returned paperwork, eg training records, Return to Work documentation, investigation and disciplinary documentation;
• Monitoring absence records and liaising with departmental managers as necessary;
• Dealing with incoming emails, post and telephone communications, prioritising them and dealing with correspondence with urgency and confidentiality;
• Issuing letters for and recording details of internal meetings in line with Company Policy;
• Note taking for counselling, investigation, RTW, disciplinary and grievance meetings;
• Processing leavers, including letters, reference requests, internal paperwork, etc;
• Updating HR team statistics
• Provision of day-to-day HR support to line managers throughout the business;
• Assisting in other areas within the HR team as required, including Health & Safety activities.
What you could go on to do
This role is an ideal developmental position for someone committed to a long-term profession in HR but who may need to gain more experience and progress their HR career in a large organisation. Full training will be provided and progression within the role is anticipated, the next stage being HR Officer.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
To GCSE level minimum. Some previous day-to-day HR experience is highly desirable and advantageous. Similar sector experience is desirable but not essential
• This person will need to be flexible and have the ability to think on their feet and enjoy working within a fast paced environment.
• Highly organised, able to prioritise multiple tasks, manage time effectively and to work to a high standard in a fast-paced environment;
• Confident, enthusiastic approach;
• Strong, accurate admin and IT skills. MS Word, Outlook and Excel experience essential to an intermediate–high level;
• Ability to work well as part of a team;
• Self-motivated, confident and able to work on own initiative using common sense;
• Effective communicator, highly professional and able to communicate at all levels;
• Excellent telephone and face-to-face manner;
• Pro-active approach and has the drive to take on increased responsibility when required;
• Confidentiality is of paramount importance.
REGISTER YOUR CV