Information Management Blockchain Internship
This listing has expired
Reference Code 10416745 EJ EN EXT 1
– Site: Airbus Filton
– Target Group: Internship – UK
– Work Contract Type / Working Time: Internship / Full time
– Work Experience: No work experience
– Functional Area: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT / Architecture
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
Blockchain is considered a key future enabler for digital transformation, business process improvements and new service models.
For this purpose, Airbus has setup a Blockchain team, whose aim is to implement, coordinate and align on major blockchain initiatives throughout the company. Some of its targets include:
– Define a global strategy and approach on Blockchain
– Assess and demonstrate the added-value of the technology and encourage its adoption when appropriate
– Launch the first pilot projects and partnerships – Initiate an implementation framework for all Blockchain projects
The Blockchain initiatives are led by the Airbus Information Management Blockchain team, who analyse and study use cases and implement end-to-end projects.
– Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different Blockchain platforms (Fabric, Ethereum, etc).
– Enable rapid prototyping of ideas by using agile methodology.
– Work side by side with the analyst/project manager to define system specification and architecture.
– Develop blockchain back-end with its corresponding features (Smart contracts, on-chain/off-chain data, etc)
– Develop the front-end and any middleware to create a fully functioning blockchain product.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement working towards a 2:1 or above or equivalent within one the following disciplines;
– Information Technology
– Computer Science
– Software Engineering
– Ability to develop smart contracts in at least one blockchain platform (Ethereum, Fabric, Corda, etc)
– Knowledge of front-end and back-end frameworks like NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS
– Experience with SQL and/or noSQL databases
– Basic UNIX system administration
– Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is considered a plus – Good communicator
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV