Information Management Internship – Application Services
This listing has expired
Reference Code 10419842 EJ EN EXT 1
– Site: Airbus Filton
– Target Group: Internship – UK
– Work Contract Type / Working Time: Internship / Full time
– Work Experience: No work experience
– Functional Area: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT / Product Management
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Duration: 12 Months
The department is a transnational team responsible for the support of a wide range of software critical to the development of multiple aircraft. In particular the department is the focal point for support of CAx (Computer Aided technologies) and DMU (Digital Mock-Up) tools, supplier management and supply chain management.
This role is suitable for a student studying an IT-related/Business degree but may also be suitable for a student studying an Engineering degree, provided they have a keen IT/Business Process interest.
The intern will be assisting the core CAx and DMU team with the following activities:
– Leading proactive, agile projects on behalf of the team.
– Coordinating root cause analysis and investigating critical failures of software.
– The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
– Develop prototypes/technical demonstrators that require a basic level of software development knowledge.
– Interfacing with workpackage leaders to support supplier bundle management.
All activities within the department work within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The majority of CAx and DMU tools within Airbus are closely linked to CATIA V5, the standard CAD package in all Airbus offices.
Over the course of a placement year the intern will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
– Software development and support processes in a world-wide organisation.
– Transnational networking internally within the department and externally with customers.
– Time and project management skills.
– Software application configuration skills/processes.
– Team working skills.
– Opportunity for on the job CATIA V5 training.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards an ICT, Business or Engineering degree or similar.
– Good use of English
– Good IT skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Some software development experience
-Some knowledge of Agile project management methodology
– Good written, verbal and communication skills
– Able to work on their own initiative
– Ability to work in a transnational environment
– Team worker
– Languages (i.e French)
– Prepared to travel between UK and foreign sites
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV