Infrastructure Apprentice – Newcastle (NE27) – 16380
This listing has expired
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for our clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers.
Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Job overview / purpose:
At Avanade, technology isn’t just a career, it’s a passion.
We are seeking ambitious and passionate IT Apprentice willing to take their technology knowledge to the next level.
As an IT Apprentice, you will be working alongside our global team of consultants, directly with clients, using the latest technologies and innovations to solve some of the toughest business and technology problems.
The type of work our apprentices do varies widely but you may find yourself involved in:
- IT Systems & Networking
- Working with the latest cloud technologies
- Resolving server issues and network configurations
- Work alongside client Infrastructure teams and vendors
- Taking on roles of responsibility for the client
- Running client workshops
- Presenting to clients
- Creating user guides / documentation
- Working closely with IT Infrastructure Leads and Stakeholders
- Gaining new qualifications such as: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process.
IT Apprentice skills required:
- Consultancy skills: These are client facing positions so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- You should be proactive, curious, organised and a team player
- You should be not afraid of new challenges and learning new skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies
- Evidence of an interest in technology such as a website/blog, internship, school projects or developing applications
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. Although not frequent, this could also involve international assignments.
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s (B and above) including Maths, English, Computer Science/ IT or Physics and be excited to begin a IT Consultancy career.
5 days per week,
9.00am – 5.30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£13,000 per annum
The IT Apprenticeship with Avanade will also give you the opportunity to kickstart your career, with a minimum of 80 hours a year on training and development, including technical education and certifications, professional skills, management courses, language and more.
This will provide the foundation for your on-the-job learning; working on some of our most exciting projects.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV