Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Larch Computer Services has been providing IT Support Services to business clients in Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, and the Thames Valley since 1986. Those IT Support Services, initially comprising Computer Maintenance predominantly Hardware Maintenance, Computer Repairs & Network Support, have evolved, due to the increased importance of Information Technology generally, and Microsoft Networking Products, Windows & the Internet specifically, into a comprehensive portfolio of Computer Products and Services. Surrey Trading Standards “Buy with Confidence” approved.
You will be working in a fast-paced, and fun office environment.
As an IT Support Apprentice to join our team providing world-class support services to small and medium businesses. You will need to have a passion for technology, business, and service as well as the desire to learn and succeed.
We welcome people who are comfortable introducing new practices or process improvements to our workflow and do everything we can to facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our team. In return, the company will provide a clear strategic direction and a rewarding and fun working environment.
- Provide first-line support on all technology services and products, telephone, computer hardware, applications and peripherals, maintaining and repairing where necessary.
- Be able to prioritise both own workload and others to help scheduling resources in the office
- Provide telephone, remote support, and email-based (including other forms of communication) technical support to all our customers.
- Performs administrative tasks such as logging time, updating work orders, updating knowledgebase, providing status reports etc.
- Investigating faults and providing solutions for computer hardware/software problems, and to liaise with third party suppliers to identify faults and subsequently ensure that the problem is solved.
- To assist in the initialisation and installation of computer or technology hardware and software.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers.
- Following and create company procures and guidelines for internal and external use.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned which are relevant to the work and grade of the post.
- As this is a small company, the candidate will be required at times to perform other duties outside their job description.
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and face-to-face), suitable for meeting with customers from all levels of an organisation, are essential.
- Excellent standard of numeracy and literacy (email and letter correspondence).
- Commercial awareness is expected – knowing how to spot opportunities and pass them to account management for handling – as is a customer-focused mind-set, and a desire to ensure that the customer is happy with all work carried out.
- Keen and fast learner.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to succeed.
- Excellent communication, customer-facing and customer handling skills.
- Professional in approach and appearance.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to use initiative.
- Patience and the ability to deal with users’ demands calmly and effectively.
- Able to priorities effectively, achieve targets under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Driving license and car would be desirable, but is not essential
Starting Technical Competencies:
- Basic understanding of Windows operating system.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of office software such as MS Office.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV