Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
This listing has expired
For over 80 years, Pinewood Studios have made dreams a reality, enabling storytellers to bring their creations to life on the big and small screen.
Renowned across the globe for excellence in its field, Pinewood offers the creative industries a unique complement of world class facilities, services and expertise.
UK based Pinewood, Shepperton and Pinewood Studio Wales comprise 40 Stages, including the 59,000 sq.ft. 007 Stage, the globally unique underwater filming stage and one of the largest exterior tanks in Europe, 3 dedicated state of the art TV studios and associated production accommodation, a comprehensive post production and creative services division and lighting.
In the last 10 years, the Pinewood brand has been exported to studios in Toronto, Canada; Atlanta, Georgia USA; and the Dominican Republic. In November 2016, Pinewood opened a representative office in Beijing, China.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprentice will support the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure Manager and wider IT team in the day-to-day running of the studios from an IT perspective.
Principle accountabilities and Main responsibilities:
- Assists the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure Manager with the day to day running of all three studios
- Learn about analogue, TDM and IP telephone
- Learn about complex IP networks and the standard protocols
- Learn about large scale optical fibre and copper networks, including fault finding
- Assist with the installation of copper and optical networks, including their termination
- Learn about structure cabling
- Learn about Dslams and DSL
- Learn about the maintenance of CCTV
- Support the Head of IT & Cyber Security in the day to day management of IT service support
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office
Skills and behaviours:
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Willing to learn and apply knowledge into practical work
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
You’ll have the opportunity to progress into a full-time permanent position or progress onto a higher apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV