Infrastructure Technician Apprentice – Barnsley (S73) – 16611
This listing has expired
Netherwood opened its doors back in September 2012. Since then, a lot has changed and they have now become an Academy joining the family of schools within Astrea Academy Trust.
The Astrea Academy Trust has the highest expectations of pupil attainment in national assessments, but their aspirations take them beyond the concept of “schooling”. Astrea educates, rather than schools.
With an impassioned by-line, “Inspiring Beyond Measure”, Astrea states its commitment to ‘educate, not just school’, instilling the qualities and dispositions of Resilience, Empathy, Aspiration, Contribution and Happiness.
Job overview / purpose:
Netherwood School are currently looking for a technical ambitious and driven individual with a hunger to learn, to enrol onto an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship.
With proven experience of hiring apprentices in the past, Netherwood School have helped many apprentices kick start their IT careers within their friendly and busy IT department.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right individual to embark upon an exciting career, learning the ins and outs of an IT department whilst learning and gaining a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship qualification.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff/team members through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Finding solutions to problems, through creating a desktop shortcut or fixing a major fault
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural, documentation
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting new applications
- Responding within agreed time limits to support calls
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties/other team members, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with other professionals (e.g., Third part support) in order to make necessary repairs
- Testing new technologies relevant to users, site or projects
- To monitor and maintain the local IT infrastructure, including backups and key systems
- Working closely with team members from time to time to assist with projects or issues outside of your local site
- Promoting and maintaining excellent lines of communication throughout the support team
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Can prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Able to organise, plan and complete tasks
- Able to work in a school environment, around children and young people
- High personal standards and able to provide a role model for students and staff
- Can work as an effective team member and apply given instructions
- Able to apply written and verbal instructions to equipment
- Motivated to learn and improve
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
5 days per week,
8:00am – 4:00pm,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£138 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV