Infrastructure Technician Apprentice – Didcot (OX11) – 15761
This listing has expired
We make sure that our digital IT capabilities and expertise are applied cost-effectively and imaginatively. Our work areas are: network operations, security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy, video services and e-infrastructure.
Jisc operates the national research and education network for the UK. Serving over 18 million users, the Janet Network provides UK research and education with a highly reliable and secure world-class network, enabling national and international communication and collaboration over its 8,500 km of optical fibre.
We specialise in network operations, cyber security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy and e-infrastructure.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
We want Jisc to be a great place to work. A place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun – how we work is a vital part of that.
Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are:
Pride: We have pride in what we do but aren’t arrogant or complacent
Passion: Our passion drives everything we do
Pace: We deliver at the right pace to meet the needs of our members and each other
Trust: You can trust us to deliver on our promises
Teamwork: We are one team and teamwork makes us better
Please apply for this role via the below link:
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 20th July.
We will be holding assessment centres on the 26th and 27th July in Harwell. You must be available for one of these dates to be considered for the role.
Do you want to join an exciting, fast paced and busy IT team? Then you’re only a few steps away; this apprenticeship will equip you with the appropriate skills and knowledge you require to begin your career in IT.
In this role, you will provide technical support for the Jisc infrastructure both cloud and on premise. In addition, the role will work with front line IT customer services to provide direct support to the Jisc user community. The role will span the complete ITIL process of Service Design through to Continuous Improvement and will work across both the service management and infrastructure teams.
Through a combination of online, classroom and on-the-job learning, you will obtain a level 3 qualification whilst gaining real work experience. This apprenticeship will give you a great opportunity to earn while you learn with a salary and company benefits.
As learning allows, you will:
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of Jisc’s cloud services and infrastructure
- Participate in the support of the user community providing direct IT support across the Group Infrastructure service catalogue of products and services
- Learn the role of cloud services in IT service provision and work towards expertise in AWS/Azure – with the option to focus on becoming a cloud engineer
- Develop an understanding and provide support in the management of network hardware such as routers, switches and firewalls
- Develop an understanding of ITIL and its role in effective IT Management – provide direct input into the Service Operations and Continuous Improvement areas of the framework
- Develop good analytical skills to assess performance, identify requirements and provide possible solutions to on-going issues or new customer needs
- Assist in the preparation of performance reports as required by management and customers
- Assist in the support and implementation of IT facilities, including the production of software tools and scripts to aid in the execution of team tasks
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Team work –be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Problem solving –be able to identify and solve problems
- Creativity – be able to generate original and innovative ideas to provide imaginative perspectives
- Flexibility – able to adopt a different style or approach to achieve a goal
- Initiative – actively able to spot opportunities and act on them
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, (35 hours a week)
£15,000 per annum
Benefits / Future Prospects
This role will bring an opportunity to really progress in a company who are willing to offer you a position after you complete the level 3 apprenticeship or do a higher apprenticeship.
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
Please apply for this role via the below link:
REGISTER YOUR CV