Infrastructure Technician Apprentice – Surbiton (KT6) – 16255
We are a dynamic, global company offering a kick-start into an exciting IT career.
Our global positioning offers potential for global mobility and the chance to interact with people from all over the world.
We have a strong focus on our people and their development and well-being, offering employee assistance programs, company sponsored food as well as access to training and mentoring from experienced professionals.
Job overview / purpose
Viadex – an atmosphere of dynamism, achieving, getting things done to the delight of customers and other team members. Sheer non-stop energy pervades every Viadex location and sets the scene for every Viadex day.
We are seeking to recruit Infrastructure Technician Apprentice who is looking to commence their career in a managed service environment.
The apprentice will be responsible for both on-site and offsite locations, providing hardware build, deployment and support services.
The apprentice will be accountable to service existing and new managed service contracts, providing support services at UK customer locations and dividing time between the head office (Surbiton) and customer UK datacentre locations, therefore traveling will be required.
- Assembling and testing of all server hardware builds including applying firmware and driver updates
- Conducting hardware DOA testing, log capture and fault resolution
- Diagnosis and resolution of hardware faults
- Racking and cabling of server hardware (within warehouse and on data centre sites)
- On-site hardware support, fixes and new hardware deployments
- Respond to monitoring alerts, capture hardware logs and perform initial trouble shooting
- Adheres to customer specific processes for installations, support and deployments
- Produces build documentation
- Liaise with vendor technical support for hardware covered under maintenance
- Curates customer information
- Initial hardware configuration (BIOS, RAID, out-of-band management)
- Base Operating System installation
- Ability to lift/move 25-35kg and work down near the floor as needed (manual handling training will be provided, along with PPE)
- Logging helpdesk support tickets
- Strong customer focus
- High commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Must work to completion with a strong attention to quality and detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be willing to learn
- Pro-activity and initiative
- Must be able to adapt to changing environments
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
35 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,400 per annum
- We offer a pension scheme with Aviva – current contributions are 3% employee contribution and 2% employer contribution
- We are a social company who enjoys Friday downtimes over a beer (or two), spend your lunch breaks relaxing over a game of pool and enjoy our internal team building
- We work hard but play hard too
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.