Infrastructure Technician Apprentice – Wakefield (WF2) – 13922
This listing has expired
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career, be paid for your time and earn valuable, real-world experience while you study.
Supporting our network operations across the UK, or our consumer, retail and consumer service teams. You’ll develop your functional skills and gain a valuable insight into how we keep customers confidently connected in one of the most innovative working environments in the industry.
Kcom are the partner of choice for organisations that want to scale flexibly and future-proof new investments while extracting full value from legacy IT systems. We’re large enough to make a difference, but small enough to be agile. Most importantly, we have the freedom to think big and recommend what suits our customers, not what suits us.
You should apply if you have passion for the connected world and the technology of the future as you’ll be given all the training you need by a team of experts at dedicated facilities and earn nationally recognised qualifications. You will also learn about yourself, teamwork and personal effectiveness with other early career talent we have at KCOM
- Working as part of an experienced team you will be supported to:
- Design network technical solutions
- Develop innovative and effective working methods as needed, to meet customer requirements within agreed strategy
- Provide expert “trouble-shooting” to identify and rectify network infrastructure problems
- Produce the required network infrastructure design documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained
- Developing experience in the design of implementation strategies for new products and services to ensure they are able to maximise customer offerings through effective installation & maintenance
- Investigate customer feedback relating to installations or faults, and propose a response/solution acceptable to the customer
- Liaise with other departments e.g. Customer Support, Sales etc. liaising with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes in order to improve service to customers.
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- Good communication skills both verbal and written at all levels
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- And GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV