Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Health Education England (HEE) provides national leadership & co-ordination for the education and training of the Health & Public health workforce in England.
HEE ensures that the workforce has the right skills, behaviours and training, and is available in the right numbers, to support the delivery of excellent healthcare and drive improvements through supporting healthcare providers and clinicians to take greater responsibility for planning and commissioning education and training.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice to join Health Education England (HEE) in their Bristol Office.
HEE are seeking an ambitious, driven and career focused individual who is passionate about IT to join their team and undertake a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship.
The main purpose of the role is to provide initial (1st Line) technical support to staff, to ensure that requests for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately. As well as maintain existing hardware and software to set standards with the IT Team Leader.
In order to be successful in this role, the chosen individual will have a passion for IT and a first class motivation to succeed within a busy IT department.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
• Staffing of the Service Desk, answering and logging calls and emails, providing first-line support to callers where appropriate and forwarding calls on to relevant staff or other support organisations for resolution. Providing feedback to callers on problem resolution status
• Updating Service Desk requests
• Redirect or escalate support requests to the IT Support Officer when required
• Obtain quotes, raise Purchase Orders and follow up
• Processing of all deliveries to the department, including matching to work orders, updating asset database, creating associated installation service calls and liaison with end user recipients
• Assist with the deployment of PCs, tablets, mobile phones and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment to agreed standards and configurations
• Assist with the installation and configuration of computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Gain an understanding of how to investigate, diagnose and solve computer software and hardware faults
• Assist with maintenance of existing computers and peripherals to agreed standards by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures such as backups
• Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software
• Report hardware faults to third party companies, return hardware to third party companies for repair if necessary, and ensure the faults are completed
• Other ad-hoc duties including administrative assistance to the department as requested by staff members commensurate with the post
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Knowledge of PC hardware and operating systems, including installation, support and problem solving
• Problem solving experience with operating systems and good knowledge of MS office packages would be advantageous
• Awareness of confidentiality and data protection legislation including information governance
• Any IT related qualifications or training related to this role is highly desirable but not essential
Desired qualification requirements:
To be considered for this role, the chosen individual must have at least 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including Maths and English.
Monday to Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£17,600 per annum
Benefits of the role:
The NHS Pension scheme is based on length of service and salary at retirement (not dependent on investment returns). It provides a retirement pension worth 1/60th of reckonable pay per year of membership. There is also the option to exchange part of the pension for cash at retirement, up to 25% of capital value.
• 27 days per year and 8 bank holidays, pro rata if part-time.
• Leave increases to 29 days per year after 5 years’ service,
• Leave increases to 33 days per year after 10 years’ service,
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV