INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNICIAN APPRENTICESHIP INTQ284 INTQ284
This listing has expired
Are you interested in establishing a career in the fast paced, ever changing IT industry? If so, the below opportunity might be just what you are looking for!
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Service Desk Engineer apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved in responding to and resolving technical calls. These calls will then be owned by the service desk and will require constant management with regards to regular updates, ensuring a resolution.
Your duties will include:
– Ensuring that all calls are logged and responded to within pre-set SLAs
– Identifying relevant problem types and associated priorities
– Verifying information back to the customer on the call and logging all information in a clear and concise format
– Taking a methodical approach in troubleshooting and resolving faults
– If necessary, progressing calls to other departments or third parties for further investigation, ensuring regular updates are given to the client and a prompt resolution is worked towards
– Proactively monitoring all calls, keeping the customer (and management when necessary) informed at all times through to resolution
– Undertaking calls to make clients aware of known issues before they have to call the service desk
– Playing an active role within the team, remaining flexible to support others during busy periods
– Taking responsibility for any company property or information that may be within your care
– Actively striving to improve technical ability by self-study, organized internal training and attendance of external courses
– Working closely with the other service desk team members and the management, to ensure the highest level of customer service is given
– Promoting the company’s solutions.
About the Company
You will be working in a renowned company that specializes in the provision of industry leading hardware, software and cloud solutions utilising highly skilled and qualified technical services capabilities combined with a global, enterprise class 24/7 managed service offering.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Qualifications & Skills Required
Working within a focused team, this individual must be highly motivated and responsive to customer needs as well as tenacious. It is vital that the individual is able to provide accurate and timely information relating to ongoing issues. An interest in IT is mandatory!
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will possess an excellent telephone manner, good problem solving skills, good hardware & software knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, other departments and customers. You must be able to work under pressure, have a flexible working attitude, be able to contribute to individual, team and company targets/objectives, must be commercially minded with good common sense and be conscientious with attention to detail. You will be literate, numerate and articulate and will be aware of brand values/qualities. Previous experience in a corporate, technical customer facing post and experience using a ticket management system would be beneficial. Individuals should have experience using Office suite, troubleshooting Windows OS 7 & 10, Office 365 administration, network troubleshooting, Active Directory exchange & administration, exposure to Citrix and troubleshooting mobile devices.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Location RG2, Reading
Working Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Wage £200 per week
REGISTER YOUR CV