Insurance Apprenticeship Programme – Accounting & Settlement (A&S)
Insurance Apprenticeship Programme – Accounting & Settlement (A&S) 30670
About this opportunity
Insurance is an incredibly diverse marketplace. Insurance touches the lives of everyone and allows us to operate secure in the knowledge that should the worst happen we will have the support we need.
A normal day would include
• Responsible for the delivery of the Accounting & Settlement (A&S) financial targets for designated Bus, through building and maintaining excellent relationships with Accounting Teams and Stakeholders.
• To maximise cash flow to meet carrier settlement terms and/or client settlement requirements, reduce exposure and enhance customer service.
• Responsible for managing the accounting relationship with designated key customers and/or service providers, acting as a focal point for queries and escalated matters from the Accounting Team and Stakeholders.
• Ensure on going relationships whilst providing a simple and clear liaison between Business units, Ipswich and Mumbai A&S teams
• Provide a strong visibility in the business units and external customer engagement, working with all parties to facilitate resolution of issues and queries
• Facilitate regular meetings with the BU, where possible on a face to face basis
• Be visible in the BU and be proactive on outstanding issues
• Remain vigilant and responsive to urgent activity, ensuring appropriate escalation into Senior Manager and the BU
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of KPIs and business operational metrics applicable to your assigned business unit and track progress against these
• Proactively manage designated complex client / carrier accounts in conjunction with the Account Controller; promptly identify and resolve issues within the agreed timeframe. Be the primary A&S contact for key issues that affect the client / carrier where BU assistance is required. Maintain regular contact with the Account Controller to agree next actions and who owns the action
• Oversight and management of Bad Debts, hands-on resolution to reduce B&DD position
• Maintain sight of and assist with the removal of any funding positions
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with implementation, as required and agreed
• Where training needs in Mumbai are detected, refer these to the relevant Mumbai Team Leader so appropriate training can be given by the Tech Leader
• Must maintain clear communication at all times with internal and external contacts providing a transparent attitude and willingness to share information provided
What you could go on to do
Demonstrate your passion for client delivery while making an immediate impact. You’ll learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Skills Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• 3 A-levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including Maths and/or English
• Applicants must be authorised to work on a full-time basis in the country in which the role is located without sponsorship.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Superior and clear communication, with excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable direct negotiation of challenging and difficult issues at organisational levels
• Strong impact and influence skills, including the ability to remotely influence others to meet agreed targets
• Clear understanding of escalation procedures and effective business communication routes
• Good ability to plan and manage personal workload efficiently and effectively, correctly evaluation importance and prioritising accordingly
• Good working knowledge of internal and external processes
• Ability to identify opportunities for improvements to practices and procedures
• Experience of query and issue resolution
• Proficient use of standard office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
REGISTER YOUR CV