Catastrophe Modelling Summer Internship – Reinsurance , Ipswich
This listing has expired
Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information on Willis Re and the reinsurance industry, visit Willis Re Careers.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion-dollar global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Designed for university students one year from graduation, the Willis Re Summer Internship Program is a12-week learning experience that provides undergraduates the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working in the reinsurance industry whilst contributing to our business.
The internship program is comprised of:
- Structured orientation training
- Goal setting and a mid and end of rotation performance review and feedback
- Professional skills and technical training modules
- Group project and team presentations
- Business speaker learning series
- Real-world catastrophe analytics experience and responsibilities, including learning and using models and software and generating reports
High-performing interns will be considered for the full-time Willis Re graduate roles and participation in our Reinsurance Achievement (REACH) learning program after graduation.
The internship program is a unique opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our business and REACH program full time and to see if this is the right fit for your interests and career goals.
Start date for the Willis Re UK Internship Programme will be the end of June 2020
You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
***Application Opening Date: 11th September 2019***
***Application Closing Date: 16th of February 2020***
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviours throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Predicted 2:1 degree, ideally engineering, hydrology, applied mathematics, natural sciences, geo-sciences or related subjects
- A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification is required
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word and PowerPoint), with a high level of competence in MS Excel
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a team player
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we
have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’.
Stage 4: Assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
REGISTER YOUR CV