This listing has expired
To our patients and us, Benenden Hospital is a special place. It’s precisely what a hospital should be: progressively modern, unquestionably clean and genuinely caring, staffed by the best people in their individual fields.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The IT Apprentice will work within the Hospital IT team, providing 1st line support for the Hospital’s IT business applications and IT infrastructure. The role will cover an extended day shift pattern between 08:00 – 18:00 5 days per week and there will be an occasional requirement for out of hours and weekend working.
The role requires a hardworking, organised individual who is flexible and willing to learn. A personal interest in IT and Technology along with the drive for self-improvement is critical for this role.
The individual will receive IT and application training, whilst working as part of a professional IT team supporting the wider Benenden Hospital user community and lays the foundations to go on and build a career in IT.
The IT Apprentice will be part of the IT Application Support or the IT Service & Infrastructure team at Benenden Hospital Trust, with responsibility for the following typical activities;
- Provide 1st line IT technical support to telephone requests and emails from users
- Initial triage and investigation of IT support incidents
- Liaison with 2nd line support teams
- Management of incident tickets logged with 3rd party suppliers
- User account administration
- Maintenance, set up and configuration of laptops, mobile devices and other IT kit
- Maintenance of end user IT documentation and self-help tools
- Regular IT data maintenance and housekeeping activities
- Various recurring IT administration activities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good analytical skills, numeracy and literacy
- Desire to forge a career in the IT industry
- Willingness to undertake study and training
Knowledge & Skills – Desirable:
Knowledge of working in an IT service desk and/or IT support environment
Behaviours – Essential:
- Good customer focus and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and work with minimal direct supervision
- Motivation to stay abreast of the changing IT environment and a drive for continual self-development
Benenden Hospital Trust offers a competitive range of benefits, including:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays, rising with service
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent Life Assurance benefit
- Free Membership of Benenden Health
- Free parking
- Subsidised eye tests
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Free Flu vaccinations
- Free tea and coffee
- Subsidised on site Restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social club
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV