Marsh & Parsons is spread over 30 sites in London. The internal IT Department supports all of these branches. The environment can be very fast paced at peak times and pressure is often put on the team to resolve major incidents quickly and efficiently.
The Service Desk consists of three additional staff; the Service Desk Team Leader and two IT Technicians.
As an apprentice, you will be providing 1st line technical support as part of a Service Desk team of three, supporting 350 users across 30 sites.
- Logging incoming calls and resolving them or directing them to the appropriate department for action if relevant
- Liaising between the customer and Service Desk to ensure call completion to the customer’s satisfaction
Support will be given over the phone, via email and in person.
You will be expected to acquire the technical knowledge and experience to meet the core competencies of an IT Apprentice position through ‘on-the-job’ training and supervision, supported by the training provided as part of the apprenticeship.
You will be working with the following technologies:
Windows 10, MS Office 2016/365, VNC, IP telephony, basic networking.
- Answering IT main line, being the first POC for IT issues and logging calls in Service Desk system
- Supporting users, both on-site and over the telephone
- Liaising with HR to initiate new starters and leavers processes
- Building and installing new PCs, configuring landlines and setting up smartphones
- Remotely checking and updating LCD screens in office windows
- Checking and updating lists on systems, phones and photocopiers
- Check the SPAM mailboxes for genuine email
- Asset Management and auditing
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
- Working effectively and efficiently as a member of a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to maturely handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of Microsoft technologies such as Windows and Office is key, as well as knowledge of mobile technologies
- The successful candidate will have the ability to use their own initiative and common sense but at the same time adhere closely to policies and procedures
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holiday)
- Auto-enrolment pension (if qualifies)
- Employee Assistance programme
- Eye tests
- Season Ticket loan
- Death in Service
- 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday, 40hrs per week.
The company almost always promotes from within, so this role has large potential for promotion and career progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV