IT Apprentice – Bracknell (RG12) – 13516
This listing has expired
The role of the Information Technology (IT) Apprentice is to perform a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties in assisting the IT Lead to ensure smooth delivery of technology service within EBPCOOH. To monitor, operate, co-ordinate and assist others in the operation of computer hardware, software and peripherals in order to achieve desired results. We utilise computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and computer operations assignments.
- Work as a direct contact point between the IT department and EBPCOOH staff members as directed by the IT Lead at all sites.
- To act as a system ‘super-user’ and be confident in the operational use of these systems.
- To contribute to the on-going support of IT solutions and provide staff training where required at all sites.
- Set up and configure computers, peripherals and assigning security level as directed by the IT Lead at all sites
- Install software and install and repair hardware and peripherals as directed by the IT Lead at all sites.
- Basic responsibilities such as Ethernet wiring installation, cleaning internal computer components, and changing printer cartridges at all sites.
- Test programs as required at all sites.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and or escalate to the IT Lead as appropriate at all sites.
- Maintain systems, databases and networks at all sites.
- Administer user accounts as appropriate.
- The IT Apprentice must be sufficiently competent and therefore require minimum supervision Exercise sound judgement
- Creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly
- Able to determine when to refer problems to the IT Lead as appropriate.
- The candidate must have a Full UK Driving License
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Potential full time role at the end
- Option for more training
- Salary increases
- Monday to Friday 9 to 5 – but may be required to work out of hours
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV