IT Apprentice – Chatham (ME4) – 16955
This listing has expired
Our vision is of a future society that is safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Our wireless Internet connectivity solutions deliver a better public transport experience for passengers and we believe this is critical to improving the economic and social quality of life for the population.
Following this role, you will be working towards becoming a 1st line NOC Analyst, which is based on a 24 hour shift environment, after completing the apprenticeship.
Main role / duties:
- To help to proactively monitor all Icomera supported fleets to find issues
- Learning to respond to issues reported by the Icomera monitoring systems
- Managing daily tasks
- Learning to diagnose and repair hardware, install software
- To help maintain the local IT systems
Other duties include:
- Assist in the proactively monitoring of fleets to find issues
- Assist Icomera Technical Account Managers with technical support and reports
- Helping to write instructional documents for other team members or customers
- Carrying out remote software and firmware upgrades on customers equipment
- Occasional site visits to test Icomera’s Wifi Systems
- Helping maintain and upgrade internal computer equipment, under supervision
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of WiFi Networks and Linux is an advantage
- Any computer knowledge is an advantage
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£11,000 per annum.
Benefits / Future prospects:
Full time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV