IT Apprentice – Coventry (CV3) – 16686
This listing has expired
Our Client is a fast-growing UK-based entrepreneurial company which designs and markets server appliances and aims to be the leader in its field. With over 50 blue chip customers around the world, the business concept is proven.
They are now beefing up their product development, marketing and sales capabilities, with headcount planned to double in the next 12 months.
The plan is for turnover to triple in each of the next 3 years.
Job overview / purpose:
The IT Apprentice will report to the Operations Manager.
The role is designed to develop the apprentice’s technical, administration and business skills in the areas of logistics, production, repair, testing, information systems, networking and software development.
The aim is for the apprentice to acquire the skills necessary for the development of a long-term career within the company. Therefore, throughout the period of employment, the apprentice will be expected to develop the range of competencies that are required for the effective fulfilment of the role.
They will also be expected to attain a Level 3 Apprenticeship and then move onwards onto a Level 4.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Logistics – purchase ordering, sales order administration, stock control, dispatch, and customer returns.
- The role-holder should constantly be aiming for efficiency in these areas – zero errors, low costs and minimum effort required are the goals.
- Production – assembly and testing of products for shipping. This will be carried out with due regard to any health and safety issues whilst ensuring hardware failures are kept to a minimum and quality standards are maintained.
- Repair – diagnosis and repair of returned faulty products. This will also include associated administrative tasks.
- Testing – before new products are released to our customers they undergo a thorough process of testing. Often this will involve senior technical staff, but sometimes the role-holder may also carry this out, depending on their expertise and knowledge.
- Quality management – drive the creation of a continuous improvement culture, with the role-holder supporting implementation of the Quality System
- Hardware – researching components for new product development.
- Internal IT Support – Supporting internal IT infrastructure including PCs, laptops, servers and peripherals
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of technical and administrative skills, and an interest in developing these areas of competence:
- Through, organised, disciplined
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable multi- tasking, copes well under moderate stress and can work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to care for customers: clear communicator with pleasant telephone manner and responsive attitude and good written skills
- Passion for IT with basic to solid knowledge of PC components and cabling, computer networks and networking, software development and programming.
- MS Office skills
- Linux Knowledge
- Any experience with Sage
Desired qualification requirements:
3 GCSE grades B and above
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£3.70 per hour and £138.75 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV