IT Apprentice – London (SE1) – 14918
This listing has expired
This is an excellent company that promotes a great working environment and place for people to develop their career.
Are you looking to start a career in IT or have you already started off in IT and are looking to expand your skills and experience? Look no further, Phoenix Futures, an award winning* substance misuse charity, who have been placed as a Top 100 Best Not for Profit employer in 2017 and 2018 are looking to appoint an IT Apprentice who will work from their Central London office in SE1.
Our IT Apprentice will work alongside other members of the IT Team to provide first line support to more than 400 staff that are located in over 45 locations across the UK. Our IT apprentice will be predominately providing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office support, together with user account and system management. They’ll be an opportunity to work with Microsoft Active Directory tools, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint and join the organisation at a time when we move our on premise Exchange and SharePoint platforms into Microsoft Office 365.
We’ll expect our apprentice to follow both written and verbal instruction and able to communicate well with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organisation through the creation of documentation, providing updates in our Ticketing system, in emails and in conversations over the phone.
Our apprentice will be provided training both on the job and in the classroom with our Ofsted inspected ‘Outstanding’ training provider – QA.
Responsibilities and duties
The post holder will be carrying out the following tasks, escalating IT issues to other members of the IT Team as appropriate:
- Provide 1st line telephone, email & face-to-face support to users (both locally and remote)
- Creating, processing, maintaining and resolving tickets using the Service Desk tool
- Provide initial investigation on all incidents, ensure they are resolved wherever possible and quickly and correctly escalate them if necessary
- Monitoring of ticket queues
- Provide support for Remote Desktop clients, desktop PCs and laptops, tablet and mobile telephony devices
- Updating self-help and FAQ knowledge documents so users can self-serve / try to fix issues themselves
- Following procedure notes, carry out deployments and upgrades to equipment as requested
- Provide support for meeting room AV & presentation equipment/services
- Provide support for a wide range of mainstream (Microsoft/Android/Apple) and other business software
- Share knowledge amongst the team together and assist in the development of the technical knowledgebase
- Liaise with other support personnel (internal & external) for outstanding issues, ensuring the communication regarding open tickets is clearly recorded
- To adhere to security and operating procedures to ensure integrity and security of data and systems
- Assist in the management of major incidents by providing email and verbal communication to users
- A genuine interest in providing IT support to users that are located across the UK
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop environments and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environment would be desirable, but not essential
- Experience of providing a customer focused, innovative IT Support service and of developing collaborative and credible relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to work effectively as part of an IT team to deliver added value to the organisation
- Other requirements
- To act with integrity and in accordance with the values and mission of Phoenix Futures
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
37.5 Hours per week
£17,160 per annum
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV