IT Apprentice – London (WC2B) – 16776
This listing has expired
Founded by Victor, Mishcon was a one-room office in Brixton in 1937. Now, Mishcon have offices in London and New York; employ more than 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
In every area of the law that they operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically they offer the following legal services:
2. Dispute resolution
5. Private client
6. Real estate
Mishcon are an independent firm with an international footprint and have received awards such as: “Law Firm of the Year” at the Legal Business Awards, and “Firm of the year” at the Lawyer Awards.
Their Technology Department
Mishcon has experienced a huge amount of growth in recent years and are currently ranked 30th Best Company to Work for in the Sunday Times Top 100 (having featured in this list for the past ten years). They have doubled in size in the last five years and still retain a strong, values-based culture.
The Technology team also continues to go from strength to strength and are involved in some incredibly exciting and innovative initiatives across the firm. Rather than being considered a necessary support function, their Technology department is an integral part of the strategy of the firm and this is reflected both by the level of Tech investment and how Technology initiatives are discussed at the most senior level.
Technology features heavily in Mishcon’s 10 year vision and the level of innovation and the investment the firm places in technology has led to them winning numerous awards, including FT “Innovation in the business of law” and LegalWeek “Best use of technology” in 2017.
Despite having grown rapidly, Mishcon have retained the feeling of a smaller firm whilst also enjoying the resources to match their impressive revenues. Always looking for innovative ways to improve how they deliver their services, such as the MdR LAB initiatives (their LegalTech incubator), Mishcon Discover (their standalone e-Discovery business) and MdR Cyber (their in-house cyber security consulting business).
Job overview / purpose:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Apprentice to be part of this exciting team. The Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience, with the opportunity to experience time across all areas, thus generating a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Technology function operates within a leading London Law Firm.
This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in the Tech Support team, who will create a positive and supportive working environment that will enable the Apprentice to put their academic learning into practice, whilst having the opportunity to add real-time value and contribute to each team.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide first line support, log service desk calls from the end-users
- Log all actions taken and resolutions
- Provide administrative support to the Technology Department
- Where necessary, escalate the call in a timely manner, to a Training & Application or Technical Support Analyst as appropriate
- Take ownership of issues and be proactive when dealing with queries
- Keep the end-user and other members of the team informed of progress as appropriate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products in particular Office 2016 (Word and Outlook) and Windows 10
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£20,000 per annum
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Entitlement
- Wellness and employee assistance programme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV