IT Apprentice – Manchester (M34) – 16257
Brother International Europe is a leading supplier of technology solutions, helping businesses deliver greater productivity and efficiency through documentation, digitisation, collaboration and mobile work solutions.
Brother products include printers, all-in-one printer devices, fax machines and labelling machines. New products for an increasingly digital and smart technology era include mobile print solutions and their Omnijoin HD web conferencing software.
Job overview / purpose
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, talented and motivated individual to join our IT Operations as an apprentice. Join our team to start fulfilling your story and contribute to contributing in our next chapter of business.
You must be self-motivated and wish to work in a ‘technology evolving’, fast paced environment.
- Provision of first level support (accepting, logging, validating and re-allocating tickets), second level support (fixing at first point of contact) and third level support (site visit required, complex solution or more experience needed) to customers by logging and following tickets to completion with particular emphasis on priority tickets, accepting system performance feedback, diagnosing and solving actual problems. Escalate ticket issues to relevant parties, proactively
- Ensure continuous support is provided during supported hours – This may vary, based on business and team requirements
- Perform installation of operating systems and applications on the varied desktop platforms within the company to quality procedures
- Provide additional support for other projects and activities, particularly in other teams
- Liaise with customers and all relevant departmental managers on assigned projects to identify and specify user/system requirements, for successful project implementations
- Report to relevant senior staff both formally and informally on all matters affecting the achievement of project and departmental plans
- Assist end users with training and becoming self-sufficient
- Keep documentation of relevant procedures up to date
- Writing and updating knowledge based and training articles
We are looking for someone that has the following personal qualities:
- Motivated, to work solo or as part of a team,
- Passionate about IT
Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade C & above or equivalent.
5 days per week, mixed shift patterns, minimum 37hrs per week.
7:30am to 3:45pm, Monday to Thursday (only required as cover for holidays)
7:30am to 5:05pm, on Friday
8:45am to 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday
8:45am to 4:20pm, Friday
£9,000 per annum
- Career progression
- Possible salary increases
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.