IT Apprentice – Software Developer – Merseyside (CH41) – 16210
This listing has expired
Carpenters Group are a leading provider of claims services to the insurance industry and their customers. The range of services extends from receiving notification of a cracked windscreen at one end of the spectrum, to the conduct of multi-million-pound catastrophic injury claim at the other.
Job overview / purpose
Due to continued expansion and digital transformation, we are looking to recruit an IT software apprentice. Essentially, we are looking for someone who would like to develop their real passion for software development into a rewarding career.
The successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of our busy IT department whilst working towards a Level 3 Software Apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship, we will make sure that you receive the support and guidance needed to be successful.
Start with a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
During the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will learn how to carry out tasks that include:
- Participating in the various phases of the software development life-cycle
- Evaluating current software and seeking improvement opportunities
- Developing, testing and implementing solutions or bug fixes
- Supporting end users with the use of applications
- Actively supporting software projects
- Liaising with developers to prioritise and escalate issues and faults as they arise
- Attending training sessions and meetings as and when required
- Contributing to the performance of the IT department
In addition to the passion for IT, you will also be:
- A strong communicator
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Technically minded
- An excellent problem solver
- Logical and an analytical thinker
You will be proficient with technology and be familiar with the various programs used in software development (Java, C#, SQL etc.)
We are looking for someone with the ambition and drive to learn more, and eventually secure a role within software development/testing.
We will support you by providing the opportunities to work alongside people with a wealth of experience to develop your skills and knowledge.
Ideally you will hold 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English at grades A* – C / 4 – 9 (or equivalent).
9am – 5:30pm,
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 – £16,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects
- After passing 6 month probation (Includes a vast range of discounts including retail discounts, contract phone discounts and many other discounts for both the high street and online. Also offers the option to claim back medical expenses spent up to a certain value)
- Discounted gym membership after passing 6 month probation
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service
- Free fruit on Mondays
- Subsidised social events
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV