IT Apprentice – Technical Support – Merseyside (CH41) – 16208
This listing has expired
Carpenters Group are a leading provider of claims services to the insurance industry and their customers. The range of services extends from receiving notification of a cracked windscreen at one end of the spectrum, to the conduct of multi-million-pound catastrophic injury claim at the other.
Job overview / purpose
Due to continued expansion and exciting growth ambitions, we are looking to recruit an IT apprentice. Essentially, we are looking for someone who would like to develop their real passion for IT into a rewarding career.
The successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of our busy IT department whilst working towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship, we will make sure that you receive the support and guidance needed to be successful.
Start with a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
During the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will learn how to carry out tasks that include:
- Handling incoming IT support request tickets, and providing a high level of service at all times
- Resolving software and hardware problems
- Performing PC builds to the required specification
- Providing telephone system and handset configuration support
- Giving genera advice, help and guidance to users
- Carrying out daily checks and monitoring general systems availability
- Desk/phone moves; including network and telephone cabling/patching
- User account management: creating new user accounts and disabling leavers accounts
- Ensuring the company’s data protection policy is adhered to at all times
- Restoring data when required from backup devices
- Attending training sessions and meetings as and when required
- Contributing to the performance of the IT department
We are looking for someone with the ambition and drive to learn more and eventually secure a role in IT.
We will support you by providing the opportunities to work alongside people with a wealth of experience to develop your skills and knowledge.
You will be proficient with all technology and confident with responding to IT related issues.
In addition to the passion for IT, you will also be:
- A strong communicator
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Technically minded
- An excellent problem solver
- Logical and an analytical thinker
Ideally you will hold 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English at grades A* – C / 4 – 9 (or equivalent).
9am – 5:30pm,
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 – £16,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects
- After passing 6 month probation (Includes a vast range of discounts including retail discounts, contract phone discounts and many other discounts for both the high street and online. Also offers the option to claim back medical expenses spent up to a certain value)
- Discounted gym membership after passing 6 month probation
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service
- Free fruit on Mondays
- Subsidised social events
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV