IT Apprentice Technician – Cramlington (NE23) – 16918
This listing has expired
Potts Print UK is a high quality commercial print manufacturer based in Cramlington, Northumberland. We are the largest sheet fed printing company in the North of England.
We are responsible for the label and packaging of many well-known brands!
Job overview / purpose:
We are looking for an Apprentice to join our ever-expanding team.
This is a permanent, full-time office-based position working 40 hours per week, 8:30am-5pm, Monday – Friday, from our HQ site.
The successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining the infrastructure, service and solutions providing exceptional IT support to internal and external customers.
This is a 12-15 month Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
- IT Systems & Networking
- Carrying out hardware duties/ repairs / installations
- Working with the latest cloud technologies
- Resolving server issues and network configurations
- Work alongside client Infrastructure teams and vendors
- Taking on roles of responsibility for the client
- Creating user guides / documentation
- Working closely with IT Infrastructure Leads and Stakeholders
- Gaining new qualifications such as: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating System, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic, Business Process
Other day-to-day responsibilities will include working with the following:
- PC hardware
- Windows servers
- Software/web development
- Data processing
- Technical minded
- Passion for all things IT
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies
- Evidence of an interest in technology
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong work ethic
Candidates should be:
- Well organised
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in developing their IT skills and can work in a team environment
- Someone with a good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, along with experience of Python and SQL would be beneficial, but not essential
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
8:30am – 5:30pm,
40 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£3.70 – £4 per hour / £148 – £160 per week [depending on your experience]
Benefits / Future prospects:
The IT Apprenticeship with Potts Print will also give you the opportunity to kick-start your career with a minimum of 80 hours a year on training and development, including technical education and certifications, professional skills, management courses, language and more. This will provide the foundation for your on-the-job learning; working on some of our most exciting projects.
Key opportunities include:
- To learn more about IT and to develop skills across a wide range of competencies
- Work within a varied role offering vital support to the business
- Support the implementation of new IT projects
At Potts, we strive to be a great place to work and we are proud to offer a wide range of experiences and opportunities that will help you achieve your career and personal goals. Progression routes include IT Specialist and Senior IT Specialist.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV