IT Assistant Apprentice – Manchester (M2 2) – 15497
This listing has expired
An award winning corporate finance house, Clearwater International has a proven track record of excellent client outcomes.
Coordinating as a single team, our 200 experienced professionals have been responsible for the successful completion of over 1400 deals worth in excess of €60bn; in the last ten years over half of these have had transaction values between €10m and €200m. Working alongside directors, shareholders and investors we advise on all aspects of corporate finance from mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and company sales through to management buy-outs (MBOs) and fundraising transactions.
Clearwater International UK have 4 offices, located in Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham and London. The UK Team use one shared set of servers and these are hosted with a cloud provider using VMware with an additional set of on premise servers hosted out of the Manchester Office.
Clearwater International UK are looking for a bright and ambitious individual to assume the role of IT Assistant, supporting the IT Manager with the provision of an effective and efficient technology service to the UK business.
The job holder will be required to:
- Be based in Manchester but prepared to travel to other offices
- Follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognise when they require guidance and support
- Be first point of contact for all user IT issues
- Setup and configure new users on systems
- Install updates and patches to systems
- Troubleshoot desktop hardware/software issues
- Work with outsourced partners to troubleshoot problems
- Provide users with guidance and training with new hardware or software systems
- Monitor and order consumables
- Assist IT Manager to create reports for Management and maintain Asset register
- Assist with software and hardware renewals
- Quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Keep up to date with future IT developments
- The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good attention to detail
- A good understanding of IT systems and concepts
- Grit and persistence
- Keen interest in IT
- Preferable programming interest
- Preferably a candidate that has completed BTEC/A-Level
- Candidate may be required to travel to other UK offices according to business requirements (minimum once a month)
The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good attention to detail.
A good understanding of IT systems and concepts including the following:
- Microsoft Windows including Server and Desktop versions
- Basic understanding of Mac OSX
- Networking including Routers, Switches, Wi-Fi, DNS and DHCP
- Virtualised environments such as VMware
- Exchange 365 and other cloud based services
- Mobile devices including iPhone, iPad,
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications such as Office 2013/2016
- Basic HTML/Java is desirable
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
9am – 5.30pm,
1 hour for lunch
£14k per annum, but this may rise to £16k based on performance.
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV