IT Help Desk Apprentice
This listing has expired
Lee & Thompson are currently looking for an enthusiastic Help Desk Apprentice to support the firm plus administrative assistance to the IT Department!
The IT support team is the central point of contact for all IT-related requests and problems and involves interreacting with colleagues at all levels of the business and it is therefore essential you are comfortable communicating technical issues to colleagues with a variety of backgrounds and knowledge levels.
You will be solving technical problems of different types, some easier than others and will need to identify what the problem is and, with the advice and support of other in IT, come up with a plan for resolving the issue.
Tasks supporting the IT team include:
- Answering IT Helpdesk issues reported by phone/email ensuring all support requests are logged within SysAid ticketing system.
- Assisting and managing IT requests and problems from staff through the IT Helpdesk.
- Providing support in-person to staff within the office.
- Providing telephone and email support to staff working remotely.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating IT hardware Inventory.
- Maintaining our high standards particularly regarding user communications and response times.
- Escalating issues as and when necessary to others in the IT Department.
- Resolving hardware and software issues on user software used by the firm (see list below of current software).
- Upgrading existing hardware and software which will include lifting and carrying boxes of supplies and/or equipment.
- Creating own Cloud links and USB drives as requested.
- Assisting with current IT projects – there are a number of potentially significant system upgrades in the pipeline and this role will be part of the IT project team supporting these.
- Building and configuring user PCs (including hardware upgrades), on-going maintenance of user PCs and IT Equipment including involvement with scanner/printers.
- Removal and archiving of closed client matter folders.
- Printers troubleshooting.
- Assisting Facilities/Maintenance with staff moves including moving PCs, phones etc and associated patching (this may necessitate out of office hours – reflected in overtime)
- Assisting Facilities in the absence of the Facilities/Maintenance Operative.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by the IT Team.
Current User Softwares:
- Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Skype for Business and Teams)
- SharePoint 2013 and Macroview (Outlook plug-in for SharePoint)
- Bighand (digital dictation)
- DocsCorp – PDF Docs and CompareDocs
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Evolution (Accounts package)
- Sage (Accounts package)
- Windows 10 operating system
- Citrix remote access
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
All you need is EEWAP which is:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION
REGISTER YOUR CV