IT HELPDESK APPRENTICE 31414
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
Provide effective support across the IT & Information Team in providing an efficient and streamlined service, handling day to day queries and administration of processes utilising multiple IT platforms.
The main duties in this role will be:
• Support IT & Information Team activities following guidance from colleagues to provide professional specialist support to colleagues.
• Perform a range of standard help desk and administrative tasks to deliver a high-quality service and support the smooth-running of the team.
• Acting within a helpdesk environment to facilitate, respond and resolve any customer faults, training needs and service requests
• Maintain an overview of day to day tasks, responding to queries from colleagues, customers and stakeholders, taking action and highlighting any important queries to the appropriate team members, whilst maintaining a positive and polite approach.
• Review and interpret information, advise internal customers of appropriate action to fulfil procedural and regulatory requirements.
• Manage repositories, and independently collate and analyse data using tools, methods and techniques to produce reports to support the decision-making process.
• Maintain report feeds including updating from different sources, checking data, collating and supplying information as instructed.
• Monitor systems, processes and practices within area of specialism, plan and carry out regular reviews to identify opportunities for improvement in light of changing needs, feedback and/or current best practice thinking.
• Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism to ensure they have the specialist information that they need.
• Provide support on project work streams related to area of specialism to support project delivery to time, cost and quality standards.
• Support IT & Information Team colleagues to ensure the work of contractors and suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to TfN.
• Maintain positive working relationships across the organisation and drive consistency of approach and standards to support wider organisational effectiveness.
• Develop relationships with other professional specialists and collaborate to deliver solutions that benefit all of TfN.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
• GCSE A-C/9-4 in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
• Computer literacy including a good working knowledge of standard computer software.
• Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be successful. Holds self and others accountable to achieve results, even under challenging circumstances.
• Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
• Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Recognising the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organisation.
• Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
• Experience of organising self and workload to a high standard. Systematic approach to task management.
• Experience of using software to extract, analyse and report on data, including spreadsheet skills.
• Knowledge of standard office IT systems, equipment and processes with aptitude for learning new IT systems and procedures.
• Ability to communicate/present complex information concisely and to a nontechnical audience.
• Attention to detail and strong problem-solving and decision-making skills including the ability to identify appropriate IT related solutions.
• Understanding of IT related activities including recruitment and selection, people management, learning and development.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team, good interpersonal skills and an ability to build productive working relationships
• Other IT packages, particularly MS Office365 and Cloud tools
• Worked in an IT support environment
REGISTER YOUR CV