IT Helpdesk Apprentice – Chichester (PO19) – 16914
This listing has expired
We are a rapidly growing company with plans to expand operations in the next few years. We have a beautifully refurbished office with exposure to various technologies.
We are an award winning IT and communications provider.
Job overview / purpose:
An IT Helpdesk Apprentice is required for this company in Chichester.
We are a well-established Managed IT Service Provider in the Sussex & Hampshire area and are currently looking to expand our Technical Support Team.
The varied and challenging position will require some well-rounded knowledge of IT.
The successful apprentice will provide telephone and onsite support, logging calls on the helpdesk system, resolving issues where possible and escalating calls to the technical team leader when necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to kick start a career in IT taking on an apprenticeship through QA, the national leading provider in TECH training.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to clients
- Ensure SLAs are met
- Visit clients to carry out on-site support when required
- Ensure that daily and weekly standard work is completed, for example backup and server checks
- Software installations and administration
- Setup and deliver new IT installations and upgrades
This is a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, consisting of training in small groups, work based assessments and evidencing on the job learning with a dedicated skills coach.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in coordinating IT support for end users, preferably commercial customers
- Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills and style, able to explain complex issues to non-technical users
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and a team player
- Able to work under pressure and against timelines
- Keen interest in technology and innovation
- A good understanding of service support best practices
- A full clean driving license is desirable but not essential
Other skills required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills.
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas.
- A keen interest in IT Hardware and wants a long term career in IT.
- Candidate would also require excellent customer service skills.
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will at least 5 GCSE’s (C and above in Maths and English).
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5.30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV