IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice – Newcastle upon Tyne (NE1) – 13505
This listing has expired
Mkodo is a leading supplier of Mobile Apps and Services to organisations across the globe. We offer a supportive team and great working environment. You will have a great opportunity to learn in an innovative digital company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our IT Operations and Developer Operations team, working with a mixed portfolio of Windows, MacOS and Linux systems in a TCP/IP network with Cisco Core routers and Switches, we will start you off in office operations, building new PC’s/Laptops, dealing with colleagues IT problems etc. and then very quickly building experience in code deployments from our Build Servers to our deployment QA/Test systems.
You will also get training in Networking firewalling, managing our IP white listing, diagnosing intrusion attempts, trace routing networking issues etc. You will also be involved in the support of our operational production systems as you become more experienced, building Linux Servers, deploying environments on our AWS systems and working with the development team to maintain, support and improve our continuous integration systems.
- Troubleshoot PC/MAC Printers and simple network issues within an office environment
- Ensure conferencing and phone systems are operative and facilitating enhancements
- Patching in Networks, facilitating equipment re-locations, upgrading equipment (adding memory, extra monitors, keyboards etc.)
- Support Dev/Test systems by:
- Routine operating system tasks
- Restarting applications
- Accessing log files and providing them for analysis
- Onboarding/offboarding users
- Deploying o Deploying builds to servers
- Deploying configuration change to systems
- Maintaining Code repositories (GIT) and Build servers (Jenkins)
- Building Linux Servers for Dev/Test deployment
- AWS/Docker configuration and deployment
- Simply Network/Firewall Configuration
- Manage/update runbooks for sys/devops
- Production Support
- Managed Ansible Scripts
- Maintain system diagnostic products
- Uptime reporting
- Cisco ios firewall configuration
- Apache configurations
- Deployments to Production Systems
- Extended Production Support, diagnosing issues, escalation paths etc.
- Database Management, introduction to SQL and replication
- Script creation (bash/sh)
- Backup script management and archival
- Performance monitoring and benchmarking
- The world is now your Oyster
- Experience of using outlook- sending emails.
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of using social media
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Fresh fruit and biscuits, tea, coffee, soft drinks.
- Friday evening beers.
- Birthday day off. Cycle to work scheme.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV