IT Service Desk Apprentice
This listing has expired
The Rail Delivery Group (RDG) brings together the companies that run Britain’s railway into a single team with one goal – to deliver a better railway for you and your community.
All the passenger and freight rail companies are members of the RDG, as well as Network Rail and HS2 (see the full list of our licensed and associate members). We provide services and support to enable our members to succeed in transforming and delivering a successful railway, benefiting customers, taxpayers and the economy. We also provide support and give a voice to freight and passenger operators, as well as delivering important national ticketing, information and reservation services for passengers and staff on behalf of member companies.
Main role / duties:
This document is not designed to be a list of all tasks undertaken but an outline record of the main responsibilities.
- General IT Support, dealing with hardware and software enquiries
- First line support to resolve technical issues
- To maintain a Service Desk System including asset register and reporting.
- General hardware and software support
- To use NetSuite to enter expenses, to create POs and GRNs, in a timely manner and in line with company policy, maintaining performance against budget.
- To maintain and manage our service desk recording system
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the IT team and across the organisation and help ensure the team operates effectively and efficiently.
- Installing and configuring software and hardware
- Account creation and maintenance
(The above list is not exhaustive)
- Experience of working/responding independently and dealing with unforeseen problems and circumstances
- Highly competent keyboard skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Good command of English grammar and high level of accurate numeracy
- Ability to multi-task and plan workload efficiently
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with sensitive or confidential information
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
35hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£17,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
- 20 days holiday
- Paid sickness, within reason
- Professional development
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV