IT Service Desk Apprentice
IT Service Desk Apprentice
We are one of the largest software services and solutions businesses in the UK.
We like to reward our staff, and each month there is an opportunity to be voted as Employee of the Month. This is a nomination vote by our managers, which has a financial, and recognition award. People who are successful in this are entered into a shortlist and could win a wildcard place on one of our incentive trips.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual for an IT apprenticeship position.
In the role, the apprentice will provide essential business support for all users, both on site and at remote locations with the minimum of disruption to their working environment.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Resolving users support calls
• Managing support calls throughout their life cycle
• Using online Service Desk to handle support calls
• Provide consistently professional and high-quality interface between Systems Support and its customers
• Hardware Builds (Laptops & Desktops via Microsoft SCCM)
• Application Installation (via Microsoft SCCM)
• Liaising with external resources (suppliers/manufacturers/support providers)
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Ability to provide training to other team members, and other employees
• Ambitious and willing to work towards specialisation in corporate systems
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Good documentation skills
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
9am to 5.30pm,
37.5hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£17,000 per annum
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
We have a bar on a Friday at 5pm and encourage new starters to run it to get to know everyone.
Monday to Thursday is smart dress and Fridays are dress down days.
Lots of groups get involved in events and organise challenges and games. We have a 5 a side football team, 11 a side team and cricket team. There are cycling and running groups and we have a Sports and Social committee that plan various events and fundraisers throughout the year.
• 20 days holiday pro rata per annum plus bank holidays (rising by 1 day per full FY worked to 25)
• 3 working days between Christmas & New Year gratis
• Carry over allowance for annual leave unused in previous year of 5 days max
• Life assurance provision
• On site gym – FOC
• Free hot drinks and fresh fruit provided
• Costa Coffee on site at reduced rates
• On site back neck and shoulder massage available (salary deduction)
• Pension scheme auto-enrolment currently at 3% match but will change with legislation
• Free bar Fridays – Our centrum bar is open to staff from 5pm each Friday
• Games / Downtime zone with foosball, table tennis, darts and pool tables – FOC
• Kitchen equipped with toasters and microwaves
• Company Bonus Scheme – currently 1/12th Basic payable on company achieving financial objectives (this has been achieved every year for the last 9 years)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV