A great opportunity has arisen to for an apprentice to start their career with a leading IT support company based in East Kilbride. The company is looking to recruit an individual who is passionate about IT and give them the opportunity to develop in a fantastic company with a structured career path.
The IT Service Desk Apprentice, within the Glasgow Delivery Centre, provides a single point of contact for the companies multi-customers, and forms the vital interface between the customer base and support staff.
The successful applicant will be working towards their SCQF Level 6 IT and Telecommunications on a 12 month contract.
• Handle and record all requests & incidents via telephone, e-mail and web portal.
• Initial assessment and attempt at resolution first line or escalations to second line or third party support, based on agreed service levels
• Monitor and escalate, as required, all service requests according to agreed service levels
• Keep users informed on the status of service requests, retaining ownership of the requests until they are closed
• Ability to work and contribute within a team environment.
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• A strong interest in an IT career.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Good written skills.
• Basic computing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Mon – Fri
- £8,000 with a 3 month staggered salary increase increase to £17,000 per annum
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.