IT Service Support Apprentice – Leeds (LS19) – 16915
This listing has expired
Infoserve is one of the UK’s fastest growing multi-channel marketing companies which specialises in local search, running one of the UK’s most popular online directories www.cityvisitor.co.uk.
The company works with partners including, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing) to provide online marketing solutions for local businesses, with a large client base varying from small to medium spend.
Job overview / purpose:
In this role, you will provide support to Infoserve customers and staff as a member of the IT team.
This role will require you to be the first point of contact for any technical problems or issues that may arise.
You will also be responsible with prioritising the issues and escalating them accordingly.
Hardware, instillations and general 1st line support issues will all be key components of the role alongside working closely with Infoserve internal and external IT team.
The successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide support and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Gain an understanding of the latest Microsoft technologies
- Provide advice on support and technologies
- Update documentation and guides
- Follow standard Service Desk procedures
- Log all Service Desk interactions
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with on boarding of new internal users and external customers
- Support managing PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
The successful candidate will;
- Be polite, punctual, friendly
- Be a good communicator
- Be a logical problem solver
- Have first class attention to detail
- Be eager to learn new technologies
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by Infoserve Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
Desired qualification requirements:
In order to be successful within the role. The chosen candidate must have 5 A-C graded GCSEs or equivalent (Maths, English essential) and also have a high passion for IT.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
8:30am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£150 per week
Benefits / Future prospects:
£8000 per annum, raising to £8500 per annum after 6-month probation.
The salary will raise to £10,000 per annum after you complete the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV