IT Software Apprentice – Guildford (GU2) – 16564
This listing has expired
We are an IT consulting and development company, focussed on Microsoft platforms and technologies. We offer advice, technical architecture solutions and development services to our range of clients based on their user base and organisation business requirements.
We also offer ongoing support for companies who don’t have the in-house skills and knowledge to support their users or systems. A great deal of what we do is cloud hosted and as such we need to keep up to date with cloud features and technical ability.
We are also a business intelligence developer, meaning that we build and host data warehouses for clients and then build a front end reporting and dashboard portal to feature information about the business and services. We use a combination of the applications and technologies described to deliver business process management solutions to our clients.
The right candidate will have an organised approach to work and will be able to juggle working on many different projects simultaneously. A confident and friendly phone manner will be essential as a large part of the role will be fielding in-bound calls and making outbound calls to update customers and contact suppliers.
The role would include:
- Dealing with incoming customer queries and issues;
- Using online portals / CRM to enter information
- Using email and instant messaging platforms
- Microsoft Office 365 – We support and design solutions for companies who have subscribed to MS O365 cloud application portal
- SharePoint – is an application of O365 which can be used for document management and Intranet hosting. This is the main platform we develop on
- SQL Server – is MS relational database server. We build data solutions hosted in SQL for reporting and business intelligence dashboards
- Azure – is the Microsoft Cloud platform. We host servers and cloud solutions in Azure.
- .NET C# – this is the main programming language that we develop in
- Interest in IT, computers and new technology sector, as well as a keen interest to develop your skills as an application developer;
- S/he will be proficient in the use of Excel and IT literate when using Word and Outlook and will be keen to learn and embrace new technology;
- Understanding of cloud technologies;
- Committed to excellent client service;
- Pro-active and has solution focused attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Team player – Must be able to communicate well in English amongst the team;
- Effective organisation and administration skills;
- Ability to be able to prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Good English and grammar;
- Self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative;
- Keen and enthusiastic.
- Excellent time keeping
- Great communication skills – confident in answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries.
- The candidate should be familiar with MS Word.
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
£12,000 to £14,000 per annum
Opportunity for promotion and progression onto Level 4 Software Apprenticeship.
This is a diverse and exciting opportunity to work in a fast pace IT industry focussing on well-known Microsoft applications.
As you progress, there will be scope to move your career in the direction that interests you the most.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV