IT Staging and Configuration Engineer Apprentice – Swindon (SN2) – 16619
This listing has expired
ISG Technology are a national company, providing LAN Connectivity solutions for blue-chip companies and high-street brands across the UK.
With over 30 years’ in industry, the company is evolving and growing.
Working with bespoke IT services, ISG are a supplier of and installation experts in fibre, copper, wireless networks, server room environmental monitoring and infrastructure support services.
ISG work with some of the leading names in IT such as, Cisco, HP, Netgear, BT and many more, the company have enjoyed continued growth, enabling them to offer this fantastic opportunity.
Job overview / purpose:
This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice.
Do you want to be a part of a rapidly expanding company within a growing market?
As an apprentice, you could be part of this exciting opportunity and be offered the chance to become empowered to develop your skills and capabilities.
As well as in-house training, you will also complete technical training with the Apprenticeship Training provider, who will be an official Microsoft partner and Tech Industry Gold training partner
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]
IT Apprentices accompany a Senior Engineer each working day, assisting in the completion of jobs including:
- Imaging PC’s and Point of Sale devices
- Installing components into Switches, Routers and Servers
- Loading configurations onto Switches, Routers & Firewalls
- Upgrading firmware on Switches, Routers and Access Points
- Configuration of Credit Card Machines
- Setting up Test Networks
- Settings static IP and Gateway addresses
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configuration and Monitoring of Cloud based wireless access point controllers
- Configuration and Testing of Retail till Systems
- Be technologically minded
- Be able to communicate – face to face, on telephone and written communication
- Hold excellent attention to detail
- Be an excellent time keeper
- Be reliable
- Be enthusiastic
- Be able to use initiative
- Necessary attributes
Other requirements – You will:
- Be literate to complete paperwork
- Be prepared to work outside of standard hour and to work away from home occasionally
Desired qualification requirements:
Hold GCSE’s in English and Maths at grade C or above, or equivalent.
37.5 hours per week,
8.30am till 5pm – with 1-hour lunch,
[All details will be confirmed with the employer]
Your salary will be dependent on the National Apprenticeship wage for age per hour:
25 and over = £7.83
21 to 24 = £7.38
18 to 20 = £5.90
Under 18 = £4.20
Apprentice = £3.70
Same as other employees:
- 33 days paid holiday per annum (this includes bank holidays)
- Perkbox from first month
- Medicash after probation
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV