IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Icomera believes in a better future powered by the Connected Journey.
The Connected Journey is a revolution in transport powered by a new generation of digital infrastructure. Icomera is helping power the Connected Journey with our high-performance wireless Internet connectivity and a range of services that run seamlessly through this connectivity.
For 18 years, we have been delivering reliable, high-speed solutions across the globe.
The apprentice will be responsible for:
- Learning to diagnose and troubleshoot Icomera hardware, which includes it’s Linux-based routers, access points and switches, as well as a variety of third-party components.
- Building and configuring Icomera networking components, which will involve opportunities to learn Linux technologies.
- Understanding general networking technologies and how to troubleshoot issues.
- Helping to keep the stock and delivery record up to date using the SAP system for items we ship out to customers.
Depending on the aptitude, interests and performance of the individual during this Apprenticeship, career routes after the qualification include working in the hardware and logistics team or first-line support in a customer focused position.
- Configuring Icomera equipment in order for it to be shipped to customers
- Diagnosis and repair of Icomera routers, switches, access points and other third-party equipment
- Working with the logistics team with respect to handling goods arriving and leaving Icomera premises
- Carrying out remote software and firmware upgrades on customer equipment
- Helping maintain and upgrade internal computer equipment, under supervision
- Contribute to regular stock takes in the UK
- Occasional travel to UK and EU Icomera sites for stock control and training
- Exposure to Ethernet Networking
- Exposure to Linux / command line / equipment configuration
- Strong team player with good work ethics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized self-starter, ability to work proactively
- Able to travel within UK occasionally
- Proven passion for technology
- Evidence of competence with being ‘hands on’ handling computing and networking equipment
- Google Docs and Microsoft Office applications experience
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills to converse at all levels and departments
- Organised and able to work to own initiative
- Problem solver
- A proactive, continuous improvement attitude
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Highly organised
- Effective communicator
- Time management
- Able to highlight important tasks
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including Maths and English
- Any previous IT related courses
- Any self-study in the area of IT
Total of 40hrs per week.
£11,356.92 per annum.
- Opportunity to progress onto Degree Apprenticeship
- Potential full time employment
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV