IT Support Apprentice
This listing has expired
Established in 2006 in Newcastle UK, Nigel Frank has rapidly grown into the global leader in Microsoft recruitment. With additional offices in London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Melbourne and Singapore, we offer our Microsoft Partner and End User clients unparalleled access to the widest range of high calibre candidates.
We are looking for an apprentice to support the IT operations within our London office, which will include giving support and the occasional support tickets.
You will be working with professionals to support you through your apprenticeship and job role.
We have a track record of taking on apprentices in our IT team and we fully support your development with excellent training and 3rd party technologies we work with.
To recognise the importance of good timekeeping, which ensures punctual login to the phone system and aids call management in line with service SLAs
- To provide hands on technical assistance supporting Desktop PC’s, laptops, telephone equipment and printers including some basic network cabling and connectivity issues.
- The ideal candidate must present a professional image and deliver excellent customer service, often working under tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Regular duties will consist of (but not be limited to):
- Cabling & patching
- Setting up the physical desktop environment
- Installing windows using imaging software
- IT hardware fixes, swaps, replacements
- Daily physical checks of the IT equipment in use
- Assisting customers with hardware incidents and requests
- Ad Hoc project work
- Other reasonable duties as dictated by line management
- Interest in technology and computing
- Communication skills
- Active listening
- Customer service skills
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C/9-4 in any subject
- Plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks, up to degree apprenticeships
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV