IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Based in Chelmsford, within walking distance of the station, Fusion Technology Solutions Ltd specialises in providing Managed ICT Services and support to SME’s. We combine the friendliness & flexibility of a local IT Support company with the skills and professionalism of the larger corporate IT operations. We can be our clients’ very own IT department or supplement their existing IT staff. We offer a full range of IT services, customised to any businesses; from assessment to design, implementation to maintenance, problem resolution to on-going help desk support, we will meet and exceed the requirements of any businesses IT infrastructure.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual for this role which focuses on providing first line IT support to our customers.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Provide IT technical support over the telephone and on site
• Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• Talk clients through a series of actions either face-to-face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
• Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
• Record support requests on Connectwise
• Replace hardware and re-install software as required
• Follow written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• Book appointments and respond to call-outs
• Work continuously on a task until completed (or refer to third parties if appropriate)
• Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with clients
• Work with third party vendors
• Answer the telephone, take and pass on messages accurately
• Carry out general office duties
Desired qualities and skills:
• Experience with the MS Office suite
• General IT skills with a good understanding of IT
• A keen interest in Technology
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
• A can-do attitude to learn and support
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Exceptional customer service orientation
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
37.5 hours per week,
[all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£3.70 – £5 per hour / £138.75 – £187.50 per week – based/depends on candidate
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV