IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Ridgewall are one of the UK’s leading providers of Cyber Security, IT and Print Services, delivering reliable solutions for our customers.
This role is for an IT Support Apprentice to be based on our helpdesk in London. We will offer support and technical assistance to customers who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
You will be expected to complete basic IT maintenance and support tasks, as well as managing the relationship between the customer and ourselves.
You will also ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner.
You will complete requests themselves or raise them with engineers that are more senior where necessary.
- To work in a fast-paced pressurised environment
- Providing first line helpdesk support via Remote Assistance, to our customers, assisting them with Hardware and software problems via phone or email
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas, such as desktop support, networking and operating systems
- Complete any other tasks as requested by your line manager or a senior member of staff
- Working to set call SLA’s targets: meet & improve processes and look to take a proactive attitude
- Continual liaising with counterparts in other regions and with Peers in the UK
- Supporting a range of hardware from laptops and tablets to smartphones and IP phones
Desirable Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Help-desk skills and qualifications
- Strong Interest in computers
- Computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Familiarity with PC, mobile devices and software
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience
- Writing and editing skills to aid in writing and updating manuals
- Any training in computers and how to troubleshoot problems an advantage
- Minimum of 5 GCSE including English/Maths
- Any previous IT qualifications desirable
Potential progression onto higher-level apprenticeship or full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV