IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
The IT Department provides all of the Eton College’s information and communications technology services for more than 2,000 users, both inside and outside of the classroom.
The IT services provided for staff and pupils are in many ways exceptional for a school, with gigabit internet speeds and WiFi services throughout. The IT team work hard to keep them running and to continually improve upon them. Professional solutions are used throughout, the very same as used in more corporate environments.
There is an ambitious IT project roadmap in addition to the usual workloads, with the opportunity to learn about and work with the very latest technologies.
• Front line IT Helpdesk support providing ICT help to Eton staff and boys.
• Hardware and software support of school devices including Microsoft and Apple computers, printers, telephones and network equipment.
• Fault diagnosis and repairs to a wide range of end-user devices.
• User support for standard software packages and bespoke systems.
• Use of computerised Helpdesk facility and management of calls from inception to conclusion.
• Call management of own calls and cover if required for other calls.
• Routing calls to the right person to complete the task.
• Escalating appropriate calls to the right person to resolve a problematic issue.
• Excellent customer service skills and a friendly and helpful manner.
• A demonstrable aptitude and enthusiasm for information and communications technology.
• Confidence and willingness to learn.
• Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
• Monday – Friday,
• 8:00am – 4:00pm or 10:30am – 4:30pm
Benefits & Future Prospects:
• Opportunity to gain very good IT experience with a knowledgeable team.
• There could also be an opportunity to get a permanent role or progress to a high level apprenticeship.
• 21days annual leave.
• You will be entitled to a subsidised lunch from Monday to Friday during term time in Bekynton, the College’s central dining facility.
• Employees at the College enjoy free use of the College Gym, swimming pool and tennis courts with subsidised use of other sport facilities.
• Free bi-annual eye test and £50 towards glasses for VDU use.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV