IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Founded in May 2002, Blaze Networks Limited has flourished to become a managed service provider offering networked based systems and solutions that suit all industries. As a PCI-DSS certified transmitter and ITIL framework focused business our approach to ICT delivers unmatched low cost, reliable and scalable infrastructures.
Providing Hardware, Software, Communications, Installation and/or Maintenance, you can be assured Blaze Networks will have the right solution for you.
The role forms part of the IT support team and reports into the IT Support Manager.
As part of the team, the role holder will be responsible for the monitoring and resolution of IT related issues and queries.
The post holder will play a pivotal role in providing a high level of user support utilising an IT service desk.
The post holder will be based at Beechfield House, Macclesfield.
- Provide an efficient IT support service to IT users to include 1stand 2nd line desktop, network and infrastructure support
- Contribute and maintain a process of IT incident call handling and escalation
- Contribute to change management coordination
- Assist with the maintenance and support of all of the IT systems and infrastructure when required
- Support management and IT Support Manager in project implementation as well as the implementation and maintenance of IT standards and best practice
- Learn new technologies as appropriate
- Any other duties as may be required
- Able to solve basic problems
- Able to record information accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work alone without close supervision if required
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs
- Knowledge of IT hardware and Software is desirable, but not essential
- Self-motivated and drive to complete tasks to the required time scales and quality standards
- Flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands
- A commitment to further training and a willingness to participate in relevant continuing professional development
- GCSE Maths, English and IT at grade C/4 or higher
- Experience of using IT systems
- Enthusiasm for IT and to learn new skills
- Experience of troubleshooting and fixing IT hardware of software problems
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV