IT Support Apprentice – East Horsley (KT24) – 16216
This listing has expired
F1 Support has over 15 years of commercial experience meeting businesses’ varied IT needs, from individuals to large corporations.
Job overview / purpose
Whether you need help installing, operating, upgrading or securing your IT systems, we have a solution to suit you and your business.
Apply today and join us.
- Act as a single point of contact for IT related issues and requests, mainly over the phone/email. Maintain a high degree of customer service, assessing priority calls accurately and quickly to ensure major issues are identified quickly. Working flexibly with other 1st line engineer colleagues to ensure the help desk is manned at all times during the working day.
- Effectively log all incidents and requests, categorizing and prioritizing calls correctly and allocating calls outside the remit of 1st line to the appropriate 2nd line queue, making sure full, appropriate and accurate details are available to 2nd line for them to quickly resolve the issue for the customer.
- Diagnose and resolve basic issues with laptops, desktops, mobile phones, radios and printers. Identify and troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Provide support for standard applications used within the service such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype and business applications.
- Assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving or moving within the Service in relation to the creation of new user accounts and password resets.
- Setup basic IT equipment for new users and facilitate office moves usually limited to Service Headquarters, ensuring all assets are tagged and accurately recorded.
- Process user requests for access to applications making sure appropriate approvals have been sought.
- Process building access requests following procedures.
- Managing the lifecycle of incidents and requests, closing calls when the customer is satisfied. On behalf of IT take ownership of calls, chasing up progress and provide regular updates to customers.
- Assisting with the production of user guides and support materials.
- Undertake administrative tasks such as raise software and hardware requisitions, update asset lists, run reports, maintain intranet pages, maintain asset management etc.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to provide a telephone based IT Helpdesk service, including communication with non-technical customers
- Problem solving skills including, problem identification, diagnosis, appropriate escalation and resolution
- Communication skills with users, to elicit the problem, explain what is being done keep them updated
- Dedication to customer service is essential
- An ambitious and driven individual with a passion and interest in IT
Must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent including English/ Maths.
37.5hrs per week,
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday
£13,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects
- Full training on the job
- Further training opportunities available after apprenticeships finishes
Relaxed working environment, great career progression opportunities with potential to continue learning through a level 4 apprenticeship with the business.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV