IT Support Apprentice – Edinburgh (EH2) – 16213
This listing has expired
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
You will be working for…
Our client is based in Edinburgh, the business has a people-centred approach to make them a successful IT business for over 12 years now. And, thanks to their financially independent status, that’s the way it will continue – so you can relax knowing they will still be here tomorrow to support you, your people and your technology.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual, with excellent communication skills, for an IT Support Apprentice position based in Edinburgh city Centre. You will be acting as first point of contact for customers and coordinating prompt and effective resolution of maintenance issues.
The opportunity to develop your own skills on a variety of systems and to join a well-respected, established company in the heart of Edinburgh.
- The successful candidate will be provided the opportunity to learn and develop their own skills on a variety of systems necessary to run the client’s IT operations via the IT Service Desk
- Acting as a first point of contact, taking inbound calls from our customers, logging maintenance requirements.
- Taking ownership of Service desk e-mail inbox, communicating with our customers and partners via e-mail ticketing system.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, as well as virtual environments.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDP, and Citrix GoToAssist
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise for the most up-to-date technical documentation i.e. configurations, network diagrams, pictures and documentation.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Any other duties as required by the line manager or other Director(s) commensurate with the post.
- A passion for technology and gadgets for business utilisation.
- Highly self-motivated, dynamic individual with good attitude.
- A willingness to learn.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Monitor & analyse system activities to ensure maximum performance & availability.
- The personality to participate in a team.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 37.5 hours per week , Monday – Friday
- £10,000 – £14,000 per annum
- The opportunity to join a well-respected and well-established company with the chance of career progression.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
REGISTER YOUR CV