IT Support Apprentice – Kilmarnock (KA3) – 15784
This listing has expired
Are you passionate about IT? Are you looking for an apprenticeship which will allow you to learn new technology as well as apply that in every day working life? Are you always helping around the house with technology? Then we would like to hear from you!
The opportunity to join an award-winning organisation consisting of distinct companies that have been specialising in the delivery of complementary end-to-end IT services to the public, private and third sector for over 30 years. A company who support their young people in maximising their opportunities for development in both apprenticeships and further industry learning.
We are currently seeking hard working, energetic young people who are serious about a career in IT to undertake a 2 year Apprenticeship with a leading Scottish IT Company.
An Ayrshire based IT business that have been specialising supporting over 20,000 UK clients in the delivery of end-to-end IT services to the public, private and third sector for over three decades.
As a technical support resource the successful candidate will be dealing with a wide range of technologies and working with the company’s family of bespoke software products. The candidate will possess broad technical knowledge of installing and supporting varied types of software, hardware and systems. The candidate will be experienced in providing excellent customer service and have a strong degree of problem solving skills.
- Providing customer focused 1st Line IT support for healthcare and Corporate Customers.
- Call handling.
- Resolving customer issues within Service Level Agreements.
- Working across a varied customer base providing remote support.
- Managing own tickets within agreed Service Level Agreement timescales.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and managing issues to resolution.
- Adhering to company confidentiality agreement.
- Installing and supporting varied types of software, hardware and systems.
- Liaising with the Service desk manager.
- Working on a rota based system covering various shift patterns between 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Experience with SQL / MySQL Databases including creating and running queries is desirable
- Good Understanding of networking technologies.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday – Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.