IT Support Apprentice – Manchester (M2 4) – 16909
This listing has expired
The company are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialize in the gambling sector. They design and build websites, web and native apps as well as end-to-end betting and gaming platforms and they’re looking for an Apprentice to join their IT Service Delivery Team.
Job overview / purpose:
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will report to the Service Delivery Manager and be part of a growing Service Delivery Team who are responsible for the monitoring and management of client’s production environment, in addition to the IT infrastructure and systems that support our group of companies.
This role would suit someone who has a passion for IT and great communication skills, along with a keen eye for detail.
As part of the support team, you will be responsible for a range of products and services including Office365, Google GSuite, WIFI, phone systems, Switches, Video conferencing, printers, and VMWare, in addition to maintaining process & procedural documentation and regulatory logs and registers.
You’ll not only develop your skills but you will also be provided with apprenticeship training and mentoring from your team members to gain an award winning QA apprenticeship.
- Manage the tickets raised in the Service Desk system ensuring the tickets are responded to within their SLA’s
- Liaise with the Client Service Desks to ensure the tickets contain the adequate detail to resolve
- Provide direct support to internal customers who have technical problems such as forgotten passwords, email issues, software and/or hardware issues
- Create / Remove user access to systems and products to ensure correct level of access is provided and removed as appropriate
- Provide support for a range of products including Office 365, Google GSuite, WIFI, phone systems, Switches, Video conferencing, printers, VMWare and other related technologies
- Maintain the asset register and access control lists
- Password Resets and rectifying access issues to systems
- Escalating issues where necessary
- Work with the Software and Infrastructure Development team to manage and support newly implemented products and services
- Work with your peers and team leaders to identify and produce enhancements to already implemented systems
- Monitoring / Ordering IT Equipment
- Other IT Administration tasks
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner
- Has excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Have accurate written skills to record details correctly
- Be enthusiastic, confident, positive and proactive is a must
- Methodical, logical and rational approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management
- Have a friendly and approachable manner
- Displays empathy for customers
- Have the ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
- Be able to work on their own initiative and have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous experience in a support desk type role would be advantageous, but is not essential
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Flex-time either: 7:30am-3:30pm, 8:00am-4:00pm, 8:30am-4:30pm, 9:00am-5:00pm, 9:30am-5:30pm.
35hrs per week
£10,000 – £12,000 per annum, depending on candidate experience
Benefits / Future prospects:
The good stuff…
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV